At BIG SIGNAL we present the latest generation in design and development of Cubical Quad antennas for the VHF / 50 MHz band.
Why choose a Quad antenna versus a traditional Yagi?
· Full wavelength antenna in 6 meters, reaching maximum performance and efficiency.
· More gain in less boom length than a Yagi of the same size.
· Very low noise. Being a closed antenna it will allow you to reduce the QRN and urban noise, improving the quality of reception of very weak signals in the band.
· Less influence to cross polarization than a Yagi. This translates into less QSB, fading or signal loss when receiving signals in different polarization, ideal for communications via ES, TR or EME.
· Very high selectivity. Excellent suppression of side and rear lobes, further reducing unwanted noise in reject directions.
· Heavy-Duty construccion.
The best directional antenna option for 50 MHz on urban environments, in times where noise in cities is increasingly high, a cubical quad antenna is the ultimate solution for DX practice with the maximum guaranteed performance.
BIG SIGNAL - The ultimate performance in 50 MHz.
· Band: 50 MHz.
· Active elements: 6 (Long boom)
· Gain: 12,31 dBi (Free space)
· F/B: 30,1 dB.
· Polarization: Horizontal.
· SWR: 1,1:1 ~ 1,5:1.
· Impedance: 50 Ohm.
· Power rating: 5.000 W. PEP
· Boom length: 7,15 m / 23,29 ft
· Turning radius: 3,69 m / 12,10 ft
· Total height: 2,10 m / 6,88 ft
· Weight: 11 Kg / lb
· Wind survival: > 160 Km/h. / 100 mph
· Boom to Mast: 250 x 100 x 8 mm
· Boom size: 40 x 2 mm / 1,31 in
· Hardware: Stainless Steel, W4 grade.
· Spreaders Arms: 12 x 7 mm reinforced fiber cloth and protective layer for the sun.
· Cable: BIG SIGNAL - Wire. Special copper cable with polyethylene (PE) sheath for excellent weather protection and mechanical resistance.
· Feeding: Direct to 50 Ohm coax.
The purchase of the products is always made on request. We manufacture all products, so manufacturing times can be added. That is why the final price of the purchase, as the final price of the shipping costs will be confirmed in an email sent afterwards.
The form of payment will be made once the email is received, so at all times you can cancel the order informing us of the process.
The antenna is more than A BEAST.
I have crossed North America to Mexico to caribean islands as Pj4, FG8 and WP4. Some North Africa countries then to FK8, VK8, YB, 9M2, XV1A and the JA mostly every day.
ALL THAT WITH 75 WATTS ONLY.
The performance of the antenna has surprised me a lot.
Regards to all,